Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Sharma (Worker)     12 July 2016

Gifting unpartitioned joint-share to married daughter

Hello learned friends,

A & B are Hindu, equal-parts, joint owners of a self-acquired, undivided, non-partitioned property. Can B gift-deed or transfer his share to his married daughter without the NOC of A?

Thank you sir.

Gaurav S.

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 July 2016

Joint owners of self acquired property 

did they acquire the property jointly? are they friends or relatives?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 July 2016

Joint owners of self acquired property 

did they acquire the property jointly? are they friends or relatives?

Gaurav Sharma (Worker)     12 July 2016

Hello kavksatyanarayana

Sir they are real brothers and the property was acquired jointly.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     13 July 2016

Mr Gaurav,

In short and concise "yes They can gift their share undivided one and the determination of the share either can be done mutually before/ after the gift as you and other party wish or through court, and in case the property is having charecteristics that it can not be partitioned a commissioner will be appointed to assess the market rate and the concerned parties be given first choice to compensate the other for his part by paying consideration money to other Or id it can not be settled in this way also The court will ordet for the auction of the property on market rates and then divide the proceeds anoth the owners after deducting charges for the auction proceedings. Here it is important to note that all the parties concerned also can participate in this auction proceedings by court as an individual participents as bidder.

I hope I have give you a clear pucture of the pros and cons of your case up to the satisfactory level and cleared many of the aspects which are even not asked by you ,however I thought to make you clear on those too.

For further legal assistance you can send me a PM (Personal Message) through this site.

Advise; always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field.

You well can see my credentials on my web site www.anandbaliandassociates.com ; plus at many other independent internet sites of India such as on  Pathlegal.in, LawyersclubIndia.com; Justdial.com; Kaanoon.com.; Lawsolva.com; Linkedin.com; Legalindia.com; Myadvo.com; HiGrit.com,  Just Dial.com & Sulekha.com; plus many more .

Please visit  www.anandbaliandassociates.com
With Regards !!
Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court of India

Gaurav Sharma (Worker)     13 July 2016

Thank you Anand Bali Sir for the reply.

With the above conditions intact (in my 2 posts above) can B sell his share to a 3rd party without the consent/NOC of A? I have heard that cannot be done. Please inform.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     14 July 2016

Yes Dear Sir as A and B are holding their rights independentlyand if there is no such clause in the Sale-purchase deed on which basis they have got purchsed their joint undivided property they can sell out their share independently without any consent of the other party.

Gaurav Sharma (Worker)     14 July 2016

@Anand Bali Adv

They are holding the rights jointly. Will that be considered "independent"?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register