LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anil (Mr)     06 October 2013

Gift deed cancellation without donee knowledge

Is it possible to revoke the gift deed from a father to his son without the son's knowledge?  If so what are the reasons or conditions used to do such revocation?  If revocation happened 4 years back, can it be contested?

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     06 October 2013

it CANNOT BE DONE  UNILATERALLY,and even  it has been done it is not valid. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2013

A conditional gift deed can be revoked for non fulfillment or breach of condition.  If there was no condition attached to the deed and the gift deed as acted upon as per law, the revocation subsequently by the donor is invalid and such revocation will be treated as null and void. 

malik (it)     25 October 2013

Hi Sir,

Same problem happen to me few month back, the gift deed was registered and  with in 10 days it was cancelled without my knowledge (donee), and i came to know few day back , it is possible? if not how can i take back.

The matter of gift deed is you are my son and with love & affection etc...... and ( i (doner ) have a rights to stay at home till  died and i (donor) promised the i (donor) will not change/cancel the deed ) is it conditional gift deed or non conditional gift deed ( i am confused please clarify my doubts) and what can i do next ?

Awaiting for reply as soon as possible thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register