LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P S Jaya sankar   17 September 2022

gift deed

Can I gift my house property to my uncle. (i.e My Mother's Elder Brother). Due some family constraints and to save on stamp duty, I am willing for its transfer thru Gift Deed. Let me know legal permissibility in it please


 4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 September 2022

If you are absolute owner of property then you can gift the property to anyone irrespective of fact that donee is elder or younger to you.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 September 2022

Yes.  You can gift the property to your uncle.  He will not come under the definition of family.  Hence you have to pay the stamp duty on the government value.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 September 2022

Very well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I agree.

You will have to pay stamp duty for registration of gift deed as applicable in your state.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2023

Where is the property situated? Stamp duty on execution of conveyance is a Stat subject. Each Stat has its own norms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register