LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jack N   28 November 2020

getting tax filling sms

Hello Sir, I have been using lawyers club app for years and all my queries has been answered. Thanks for that. Now I have come up with yearly tax filling issue.. My father sold a resident site 3 years back. Before he never evn registered or filling tax yearly. Now after selling site he is getting high value transaction 2018/19 SMS and it's from tax India telling to fill returns. Now the value of sold out was 45L and now it has been reinvested in house construction in 2020 please let me know if I need to ignore the SMS or need to file returns?


 5 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 November 2020

1. Coordinate with your local Chartered Accountant or Taxation Practitioner, with all your related documents.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 November 2020

Contact and consult a local prudent chartered accountant for appreciation of facts/ documents, laws applicable on the subject, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 November 2020

It is not known when your father purchased the vacant site and at what value. Your father needs to pay Capital Gains Tax on the profit made by selling the vacant site and there is a formula for calculating the profit. To get it calculated you need to take the assistance of a Chartered Accountant. Further, as per the existing procedure, if the entire sale proceeds are invested in fixed assets, your father can claim exemption from paying the tax on Capital Gains. Your father needs to file a return showing the number of sales consideration, calculation of capital gains, and proof of reinvestment in fixed house viz house and then claim exemption. IT Authorities shall peruse the information and permit the exemption.Therefore, as advised above, your father may contact a Chartered Accountant with all details and get the Income Tax Return filed seeking exemption applicable.

Gaurav sharma   02 December 2020

You should not ignore such massage from Income Tax dept, make reply.
You can purchase house property upto 3 years from date of sale.
For further help you contact

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     03 June 2021

normally the income tax department issues notice by email  if the assessee provided it . if any other reasons then they shall send by post . You can wait till the reminder by post , if comes then find a local CA and submit all transactions details and act accordingly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register