Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jay   29 April 2017

Get legal status for the child born before marriage

Dear Sirs

My cousin has got Decree of Divorce and his first marriage is dissolved. During divorce process, he has been involved with another lady and a child is born out of that relationship.

He is willing to register second marriage based on decree of divorce but concerned about second marriage date and child birth date

My query is

1. If second marriage is registered today, what about the child which was born before this date, how to get legal status

2. what are the options to legalise the child born before marriage and during the process of divorce

3. Would there be any consequences for UK US Visa with such dates

Can you please suggest

Thanks

Jay

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 April 2017

The children from illegitimate realtions are not illegitimate.

No child is illegitimate.

For VISA: Check with VISA office.

jay   30 April 2017

Thank you Sir, really appreciate much needed reply Based on your view... May i say that the marriage date can be greater than child's birth date and no explanations are required/ asked while admitting child to any government organizations, educational Institutes, passport application etc Example.. Marriage date is 28 April 2017 but child's birth date is older 28-20-16 april. And one can register both the dates as is officially without any problems.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2017

Hope you shall take it positively.

Your issues, query, any post in this thread is not a compulsion on VISA office/official.

The children from illegitimate realtions are not illegitimate. No child is illegitimate.

For VISA: Check with VISA office.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2017

Petition the Ministry, Minister, Govt or court in case of issues posed by VISA office/official.

They have decided/been deciding contentious issues.

You were aware of the hazards of the relations when you stepped into such relation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register