Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A S Gupta (Teacher)     03 September 2011

Geeting email statements for credit cards not owned by me

Hi

For the last couple of months I have been receiving ICICI credit card statements in my email and reminders to pay the due etc. However I have never applied for ICICI credit card for me or any of my family members ever. These statements are password protected and I am unable to view them also. I have brought this to the notice to the fraud section of ICICI and have told their agents when they called me, that such a card if it exists does not belong to me and is fraudulent.

Can you please advise what I should do in this situation. I will be very grateful for your advice. Should I file a FIR or something more needs to be done.

Kind regs

Learning

3 Replies

RAJU O.F., (Advocate)     04 September 2011

You send a registered +AD letter to the bank expalining the position and asserting that you have not applied and availed of any credit card facility with them and that not liable for any usage of such cards. Also direct them not to send such e-mails to you henceforth.  If repeated, get the assistance of a good lawyer.

amideep (advocate)     08 September 2011

u can just send e-mail to concerning bank expainig all relevant fact with a request not to bother you with false allegation.if it occur again you can complain online to banking lokpal.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 September 2011

Learned experts/members have given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

You should transact in writing only with proof of acknowledgment. You are within your rights to ask the company to stop the phone calls, emails and supply their communications whatsoever on their letterhead under the original seal and signature of the competent employee, by registered/speed post of Postal and telegraph dept of Govt of India. You can represent to the local BM of the bank, in person, with a letter and obtain acknowledgment under bank seal and signature with complaint number. You can lodge a complaint with local police SHO/Commissioner or SSP under acknowledgment. This bank has address of grievance redressal team posted on their website; you can represent to them in writing and demand written reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register