LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satya (Manager)     31 October 2015

Further investigation

Anyone tell me section of CRPC under which magistrate may order further investigation in criminal case?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2015

Criminal Procedure Code, 1973, Section 173(8) -- Further investigation - Magistrate not satisfied with the investigation - Ordered further investigation by the same police authorities about whose investigation he was not satisfied - Contention that further investigation should have been handed over to some other investigating agency - 

Deepthisudan (housewife)     01 November 2015

Originally posted by : Rama chary Rachakonda
Criminal Procedure Code, 1973, Section 173(8) -- Further investigation - Magistrate not satisfied with the investigation - Ordered further investigation by the same police authorities about whose investigation he was not satisfied - Contention that further investigation should have been handed over to some other investigating agency - 

Dear Mr.Rama Chary,

Delighted to have your confirmation on the power of the Magistrate in improper investigatiion/ in the defective CS & FR. But whether is there any requirement from the Complainant/ De-facto Complainant as the case may be, to put up an Applicatiion/ Protest Petition to the Magistrate for proper investigation u/s.173(8) ? Also please confiirm under what circumstance the Magistrate can order for re-investigation?

Regards,

Deepthi

satya (Manager)     01 November 2015

173 (8) is power of police for further investigation in complained. My query about power of magistrate for further investigation.173 whole section is directive about police not to magistrate. Please tell me exact provision for magistrate in crpc.

satya (Manager)     01 November 2015

173 (8) is power of police for further investigation in complained. My query about power of magistrate for further investigation.173 whole section is directive about police not to magistrate. Please tell me exact provision for magistrate in crpc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register