LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inferno 2510   14 May 2021

Frequent power cut in a residential are Bangalore

From past 1 month daily I am facing issue with power cuts, whenever I call Bescom they say some or the other reasons, I am fed of this situation some days it's more that 3-4 times. Where can file a complaint regarding this issue. I don't understand what the issue is, whether it's equipments problem or the concerned department employees problem whom should I sue for this.?


 6 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     15 May 2021

During the summer time it happens every where , by way of complaint to the concerned authorities you can ascertain the reason

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 May 2021

No legal dispute / issue is involved for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform.

However, if you feel strong file your complaint with District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission. It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.


1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 May 2021

There is certainly a deficiency of service.  First file RTI Application seeking information 1.Reasons for such frequent power cuts during pandemic time 2.Action taken on your complaint. You can file an online complaint to such Board's Grievance forum, which can investigate into deficiency of service and can award compensation and other reliefs prayed by you.  All these efforts cost less than Rs.50/- and involve not more than one hour time.

1 Like

sneha jaiswal   15 May 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
For the query you posted, I would suggest that: Just Dial 1912.
To address the issues related to frequent power-cuts or supply-related complaints. The phone number- 1912 is explicitly allocated to Electricity Call Centers for dealing with power supply-related complaints. To provide effective, guaranteed, and timely services to the customers many power distribution units and State Electricity Board have set up Electricity Call Centers. These call centres work 24*7 to get customer complaints through various modes of communication like phone, fax, email, and so on. 
The customer complaints are enrolled and sent to the field personnel for convenient action and correction. The customer can ask for the status of their complaint by contacting the call center personnel. The status of the complaint is periodically tracked and updated. If in case the complaint is not resolved within a stipulated time limit, the complaint is escalated to the notice of higher authorities for speeding up the resolution process.

Hope it helps
Sneha Jaiswal

1 Like

Inferno 2510   16 May 2021

Sneha Jaiswal
thanks for the Info but I am fed-up of calling 1912, each and every time they have a reply to convey such as cable is damaged or tranformer has some problems or problem in sub-station.
I wonder what are they doing with the money apart from paying salary to their staffs, why can't they replace some of the main equipments atleast once in 10 years.!!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2021

Firstly, since you do not get a proper response over phone call about the erratic power supply, you can write to the authorities concerned within the residential area / jurisdiction where the department office is attached. and send the communication by registered post, venting out your grievances  demand explanation and also an assurance for uninterrupted power supply in future.   

If you do not get proper reply or response from the  authorities concerned, you may resort to legal action by dragging the BESCOM to the consumer forum for compensation for the deficiency in service.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register