LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KUMAR (PROPRIETOR)     19 May 2014

Fraudulent transfer of property owned by me

I was allotted a piece of land by MHADA (Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority) the housing board of Maharashtra, on a 30 years renewable lease. I built a row-house on it, but could not complete construction. I am the owner of the property as per MHADA records.

A person has impersonated me and transferred the property to another person by a registered document. The signature is not mine, the photograph is obviously not mine. The age mentioned on the document is wrong by more than 30 years! He has also got a PAN card in my name, with the wrong age! The document shows that the entire consideration of Rs 20 lakhs (when the Market value for the purposes of Stamp Duty is more than Rs 70 lakhs) was paid to me in cash. The brain behind the fraud has signed the document as witness. 

This person has sold the property to another person by a registered document, against which he has made part payment. 

How do I protect my interest?

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 May 2014

You file a suit for declaration and injunction and file a criminal case against the buyer, wittness to the sale deed then only truth will come out.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 May 2014

File criminal complaint of impersonation, fraud and cheating. Besides this, take an injunction from civil court.

Seek the services of  local expert lawyer

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

agreed with Dr Vashist       

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

Besides criminal complaint as advised by Dr. Vashista, civil suit for cancellation of fraudulent sale transaction and eviction will be the option available now,consult a local lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register