Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.H. Sree Rama (Managing Trustee)     30 May 2018

Forwarding of applications through proper channel

I had served the Offices under Central government vide details given below:-

3-11-1969 to 16-2-1970 as an UDC in the Office of AG/AP, Hyderabad & 18-2-1970 to 25-4-1978 in the Office of then then Office of the Chief Auditor, South Central Railway, Secunderabad both offices coming under the control and jurisdiction of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi.

Based on my application for the post of an Accountant in Central Warehousing Corporation, a Central Public Sector Undertaking fot forwarded through proper channel, I got selection and submitted a request to get me relieved as per the then existing rules.  The Head of the Department insisted on my resignation for facilitating my relief.  I had to succumb  to his requirement and resigned the said post and joined the new office on 28-4-1978.  The period gets treated as continuous service provided the gap between the date of relief and date of joining did not exceed the normal joining time admissible.  After reporting for duty, I had taken up the matter with the C&AG of India and get instructions issued to the then Chief Auditor, S.C. Railway, Secunderabad, who had passed on the prorate retirement benefits to my new office where after my service got counted in CWC for all practical purposes.  CWC was not having the pension scheme.  While serving in CWC, based on my registration for foreign assignments with government of India ie., Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of External Affiars, I got selection for foreign assignment to Royal government of Bhutan, Thimphu and I served Royal government of Bhutan in two spells: 

Post held by me in CWC as on 22-8-1984: Assistant Manger ( Accounts/ Internal Audit) Grouyp B post carrying the pay scale of Rs.650-1200;

22-8-1984 to 9-2-1987 - |First Assignment as an Accounts Officer, Group B Post

31-3-1995 to 31-3-1997 Second assignment as Senior Finance Officer, Group B Post;

These periods of foreign assignment are to be treated as GOVERNMENT SERVICE for all practical purposes;

On account of my serving of 8 years and 5 months at the time of my resignation, prorata gratuity and service gratuity were paid to me, which got deposted in CWC and got such service counted for retirement benefits;

I had taken voluntary retirement from CWC on 31-3-1994;

I have claimed Prorata pension of 11/33 taking into account the period of my first assignment ( before my retirement from CWC) or 13/33 Prorata pension taking into account the total period of foreign assignment including the one rendered after my retirement.

My file had been pending with the C&AG of India ever since 6-12-2017;

on 3-5-2018, I received a reply from the Director General of Audit stating theat my resignation resulted in cessation from government service; Earlier they had rejected my claim stating that my service fell short of 10 years minimum eligibility period for gaining pension ( ie., 8 years and 5 months), the same reply stood repeated by the Asst. C&AG of India;

Whatever orders I had cited and whatever provisions I had projected all were very much genuine which were got issued by the Government of India  in consultating with nad with the concurrence of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.

Please could you good selves throw light on these issues

T.H. Sree Rama  

Learning

1 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 May 2018

You say: "Whatever orders I had cited and whatever provisions I had projected all were very much genuine which were got issued by the Government of India  in consultating with nad with the concurrence of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India."

Please give complete details of the Orders and exact provisions which you are relying upon. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register