LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupam Sharma (Server Engg.)     05 September 2013

defamatory emails

dear experts, some defamatory emails have been sent to several persons projecting me as a blackmailer and bad guy. the person from who's email id the said emails have been sent says that his email id has been hacked. i intend to nail the actual culprit and take stringent action against him/her as these emails are causing immense damage to my name and reputation. kindly advise where and how to lodge a police complaint so that the matter is investigated and culprit brought to books. thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Gaikwad 7385647897 (self)     05 September 2013

You have to register your complaint with cyber cell

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 September 2013

Ms Anupam,

take a print out of the mail and also make a CD of the same, write a complaint in a plain paper addressing the Inspector of Police of your territorial limits, attach both the print out and CD, lodge a complaint, obtain an acknowledgment on your complaint, wait for a considerable period within which if you do not get any response from the Police authorities, you may approach a Magistrate court for filing a private complaint with all the details, take the help of a lawyer near you.  Adv Kalaiselvan, Vellore Ph: +919443441062

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register