Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivani Kumari (Student)     03 July 2013

Service tax payment for flat in pune

Hi,

I booked a flat in Pune on 20 Feb 2013. Agreement for the same was registered on 20 March 2013. However builder has got completion certificate (i.e Architect certificate ) on 16 March 2013.

Since architect certificate was issued 4 days before my agreement registration date, Do I need to pay service tax (of 3.09%) to builder?

Is service tax eligibility decided on flat booking date or agreement registration date.

My flat possession is in July 2013.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Jay (Private)     06 July 2013

I have the exact same question. 

Builder asks for entire service tax amount to be paid on flat booking. However, the registered agreement is yet to be done and is about a month away. 

Is the service tax applicable with payment for flat booking when there is no registered agreement yet?

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Shivani Kumari (Student)     08 July 2013

I talked to builder and they are saying that service tax will be charged based on booking date and not on registration date. They had mentioned service tax amount in my quote but did not ask for it before registration was made. This also makes me suspecious if that amount would really go to government.

Can anyone please guide me properly so that I can take proper legal action against them?

Thanks in advance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register