Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Administration)     18 April 2013

Sra redevelopment

Sir,
My place is going for redevelopment and a builder has been assigned for the said development. Regarding the same I have the following queries :

1. The current rooms were built under SRA scheme in the year 1996. Now the builder again wants to rehab us under SRA scheme by declaring it as slums. Can the same allotment be declared as Slums twice Or rather the current residents should be considered as owners and normal redevelopment should take place ?

2. The members of the current society had not agreed to the carpet area alloted by the builder but ignoring that the builder has already launched his project for the saleable flats and has begun construction for the same. Is this scenario what should be the next step by the current members or the committee ?

Thanks already,
Rajesh

Learning

2 Replies

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     18 April 2013

Dear Rajesh

In above given situation following will be my comments

for your query 1) Once developed under SRA in 1996 the same structure cannot be redeveloped under SRA at most there could be Redevelopment

for your query 2) How can the builder start construction with out executing Development Agreement with each members also there are various other formalities to be followed

For which certain info is required What is the status of the structure is it co-operative society then a resolution to re-develop the property is required to be taken

Legally u can stop builder to start the construction activity

Regards

Abhijeet A Parikh

Rajesh (Administration)     19 April 2013

Thanks for your reply..

The Society members here initially have agreed and signed the agreement, but later took the builder to the court regarding development under SRA and alloting lesser carpet area than expected. But the builder has already begun the construction work on the sight. Now, can the builder actually start the work if the court case is still pending on this disagreement. Please guide.

Thanks again..

Rajesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register