LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rupesh (Dr.)     05 November 2012

Society trying to usurp shop in redevelopment

I am the owner of a shop and about a year ago I was told that the building would go for re-development with which I was fine. However, when I looked at the re-development plans I was given an unusable and non-viable area in the redevelopment plan. On contesting this, the society stopped calling me for the society meetings/providing any documents. They have have not provided a single document to me, be it redevelopment agreement or alternative accomodation or anything else and trying to demolish the building which will take away my livelihood by the next month or so. I have contested this in the registrar's office and also in the co-operative court. However, even on registrar's insistence, the documents have not been provided. The registrar has told me that he would not be taking action against the opposite party even on this and will recommed the demolition of the building soon to the deputy registrar and later I came to know that I was blamed for stalling the project in the letter forwarded to the deputy registrar. The co-operative court has told me that asking for documents should be done at registrar's office and is not under it's jurisdiction. I would have liked more help from my lawyers but alas! they haven't really helped the situation at all due to lack of knowledge or maybe due to blessings from the almighty God! In the meanwhile, the society has asked the registrar to remove me from the society membership for god nows what reason.

Without any paperwork, I cannot prove anything (and I have come across information that they builder and the consultant has changed along with a few other people) and I have tried everything but nothing has been given to me even on repeated requests and I have been threatened that I will be reduced to a tenant in the new building and eventually evicted from the society.

They have filed an affidavit that they will give everything to me soon and it has already been a year.

I am not sure what I should be doing in this situation as I feel that the stay will be lifted soon and I will have fight a long battle without any source of money in the near future.

Any help is kndly welcome.

Regards,

Learning

1 Replies

Bharat Gandhi (Cordinator)     05 November 2012

Difficult to didgest what you have narrated! Summitt application unde the RTI Act, demand copies of doucments from the Dy. regi., similarly apply to the BMC / MCMG Bldg & Planning office of your area, ask copies of IOD, submitted and senction plans. I am not practicing advocate, but having faced similar problems, have studied MCS Act, BMC Act etc. For more  help contact me 022 6671 3838.

=Bharat Gandhi=

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register