Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Antony (Assistant manager)     14 June 2012

Forcible eviction from rwa doubt

Dear Sirs,

I have been Living in an apartment complex (society) in gurgaon NCR for 1 year and 7 months with 3 other collegues. We are male bachelors working in a reputed automobile company. we are paying a rent of around 24000pm excluding maintenance and electricity. We have a legal rent agreement policy with our owner which we renewed after our first 11 month and is valid for another 3 months. We have been model residents with absolutely no complains, good relationship with neighbours and no black mark on us.

Yesterday, while returning from work, I was stopped by the security and taken to the RWA (resident welfare association) office where over an intercom the RWA president instructed one security officer and one state manager of RWA to evict us in 2 DAYS, lock our doors from outside and prevent entry into te society gates. Then he disconected te phone and stopped picking it. I talked with them saying our contract is with the house owner and RWA has no rights to evict us. I asked them on what ground and he replied because we are bachelors. please note that we have stayed in the apartment longer than even the RWA formation and also the president was elected only 3-4 months ago. When we contacted our owner he told us that he has not recieved any notification regarding our eviction nor does he want us to evict. He said he will support us no matter what.

My question is this-

1. according to gurgaon/ncr rent control act and other such property laws what are my legal rights in this situation?

2. Can I stop RWA and security from entering/raiding my premises without a police warrant?

3. If they do lock our doors in 2 days or stop our entry what should my action be? will calling the police help?

4. What other rights do i have and how do i Defend them in this situation?

Any help, guidance and assitance is most welcome from all you distinguished legal experts.

Regards and thanks

Antony

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register