Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit sharma (Developer)     17 September 2011

Late tax payment

I missed filing ITR for AY 10-11.

Moreover, i worked fro two companies (10 months and 2 Months) for that year. The first company deducted TDS appropriately, while in second company there was no TDS deductions (bec amount total for 2 months salary was well within Free slab). However now i realize that not only i failed to submit ITR, i also have not paid tax for those 2 months salary.

The pending tax payable amount is 2500 INR.

My Questions,

1. What is going to be total amount i should be paying now online, including the interest and penalties.
  2. Can i pay it online through NSDL.com
  3. What challan do i use (CHALAN NO 280?)
  4. What type of tax payment would it be Advance Tax OR self assessment tax?

Plz help

Learning

5 Replies

dhiraj aggarwal (TAXPOINT (Director) 9829551008)     25 September 2011

I missed filing ITR for AY 10-11.

Moreover, i worked fro two companies (10 months and 2 Months) for that year. The first company deducted TDS appropriately, while in second company there was no TDS deductions (bec amount total for 2 months salary was well within Free slab). However now i realize that not only i failed to submit ITR, i also have not paid tax for those 2 months salary.

The pending tax payable amount is 2500 INR.

My Questions,

1. What is going to be total amount i should be paying now online, including the interest and penalties. may be penalty imposed on you by dept. but its lower chances right now but interest should be pay 1% per month or a part of month. (till the itr not submitted)
  2. Can i pay it online through NSDL.com ..you can but i advice fill from any expert 
  3. What challan do i use (CHALAN NO 280?) yeah
  4. What type of tax payment would it be Advance Tax OR self assessment tax? self assessment tax U/s 140A.

Feel free for any other quries ;- 098295-51008

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 September 2011

There may be a penalty also for non-submission of tax returns before the end of the assessment year. I suggest that you pay a certain amount as tax and file return. When you receive the assessment order it will demand the additional amount, if any, payable. The online submission form is a sensitive XL form with inbuilt software. After you fill all details which you already know and click on 'calculate tax', it will calculate the net additional tax, if any, payable with interest thereon. You can pay that amount also online or offline and then electroncally submit the return.

Sachin Agarwal (Propritor)     25 September 2011

Dear Amit, 

There will be penalty charged for non-filing of Income Tax Return. for more detail you can write me email. my email id is sachinagarwalcallb@gmail.com. 

Thanks 

Sachin Agarwal CA LLB

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 September 2011

If you file returns before you are caught, the penalty will be less.

SACHIN (Accouts Executive)     14 October 2011

Dear Amit, 

There will be penalty charged for non-filing of Income Tax Return of Rs 5000/-. 

Thanks 

Sachin Agarwal CA LLB

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register