Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shanmugam (Systems Engineer)     29 June 2011

Legal things to chech before buying an Apartment

Hello Sir / Madam,

I am planning to buy a apartment from builders in Chennai. I have 2 questions to you on this.

1. Kindly advice what all the legal things which we need to look before buying a apartment from a builder in Chennai. Since many of the common man doesn’t have knowledge on this kindly explain in understandable manner for a common man.
  2. I have finalized an apartment to buy. The apartment is built up on the ground area of 2600 Sq.Ft. There are totally 8 apartments built up in which 2 houses are built in ground floor, 3 houses on first floor and 3 houses on second floor. There are 4 car parking available in addition to the 2 houses in ground floor. The widdth of the street is 20 Ft. I am planning to buy a house in first floor. The property is within Chennai limit (Medavakkam - santhosapuram). Now my question is will that area be permitted to build a 2 storey building, with the road widdth as 20ft.

Learning

2 Replies

Rajender Dahiya (Partner/Advocate)     30 June 2011

Hi

Pls check....

1. Owner of land is clear or not through registered document.

2. Owner has right to build and sell appartments

3. Builder has sanction plan for construction or not.

4. Construction (shape) of the building should be as per sanction plan

5. Take copies of all sale deeds of all previous owners of the land.

6. Take all documents from builder and apply for loan (even if it is not required by you). Banker will check whether loan can be given or not on the basis of property documents. If banker denies loan it means there is some problem in property.

Team

Lex Ethos

Advocates & Legal Consultants

+91 9560900283

(Guest)

Hi Rajender,

you are correct all of these document should be checked with legal adviser.

I am from pune. I was planning to buy property  the document builder gave me was all attested with signature and all. Actually all of these document were looking valid, Builder had bank giving Home Loan to this property.
 But the main scene is ALL OF THESE DOCUMENT WERE FAKE. no other bank offered loan on same property
As i was lucky enough to heard from builder :)

Now tell me can we say that having all necessary document, Home loan approved by bank can guarantee you a SAFE HOME?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register