Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasneet Singh Anand (System Administrator)     09 September 2010

Case of Bounce Cheque

Dear Sir,

Please help me in my case. One person who was our relative, but due to one property case he has filed wrong case agaist us. He is having our 11 years old chequebook with 11 year old signed cheques. The dates are not mentioned on cheques. The bank account of mentioned chequebook is closed in 2007 due to no transection. There was no transection from the year 2003 and the balance was that time Rs. 730/-, so it was closed in 2007.

Now in the month of May he deposited one cheque from that chequebook@ 90,000/-, cheque was bounced. Now he has filed one case agaist us, and asking for money. He is saying "I had given you 90,000 in the month of Dec 2009, and you was promissed me to return that amont within 6 months. You gave me cheque which is bounced, now I am taking legal action agaist you."

This is all property reason. There are two portions in our house. The ground floor portion is given on rent. Before 2 years he was very poor in fincial condition, we are also not good in fincial condition. My father was working in his shop and getting salary @ 3000/- PM. He came to us and asking for the rental for our ground floor portion. He was saying I am not in good condition, I will return your money after few months. We agreed. The previous paying guests was going, he assigned new paying guests and was started to get the rent. But after few months we were asking for our portion, he said, this is my portion and I will not give you the ownership of this portion. Due to family releation we were trying to make him understand, after two years when he was not agreed to give our portion then we filed one case agaist him, but now he is has filed one case agaist us which mentioned above.

Sir please suggest us what could we have to do.

Learning

1 Replies

Amit (Advocate)     09 September 2010

All informations you have stated is to be proved by you during trial of the case. What ever defence you have it is a matter of trial.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register