LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

freedom123 (IT)     08 May 2024

Status of non-consummated muslim marriage and remedies for the husband in muslim personal law?


This is regarding a marriage of 2 years duration between muslim husband and muslim wife. Due to certain physical reason on the part of wife, the marriage was not consummated. Despite repeated requests, the wife did not consult a gynecologist. No medical records are available. What are the remedies available for the husband in muslim personal law apart from Talaq Hasan?

Is there any concept of annulment of muslim marriage that can be requested/raised by the muslim husband?




 2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 May 2024

A Muslim male can give talaq to the wife following the due procedure. Law provides only for dissolution of maariages only at the behest of the wife on specified grounds.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2024

The talaq hasan or talaq e ahsan is the only choice before the husband in the given situation.

If she agrees or gives consent for mubarat or if she gives khula then the matter can be solved directly on the terms between both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register