LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Animesh (none)     03 July 2010

Cheating by Reputed Pune Institute

My dispute is with a reputed Pune based institute which gave me an offer letter for admission (after I cleared the entrance test), I paid the fees and later denied admission to me and is now offering full refund to me. International institute of information technology is an institute based in hinjewadi, pune. It is an autonomous institute and offers certificate PG courses only. Earlier this year I appeared for entrance exam conducted by it for a M-tech Equivalent course and was offered admission based on the same. (I have an Offer letter stating the same). In May,2010 I paid the fees and have receipt mail from the institute. Later about a fortnight ago, the declared they have signed an MoU with IGNOU and will now be offering Gov approved PG degreed with IGNOU. On 30th June I received a mail from the institute stating my admission has been cancelled as I do not fulfill the eligibility criteria set up by IGNOU. Means, after IGNOU tie up they changed the eligibility criteria and are now offering me full refund. But I am at deep loss here, I declined a couple job offers, and similar courses at other institutes to join this institute. I request informed members to please advice if I have any case against them. The institute is due to start new batch by aug end. My only concern is to get back the admission so that I do not have to waste a year of my life.

Learning

5 Replies

Animesh (none)     03 July 2010

PLease advice me what should be done. I have no legal experience and if i can reinstate my admission without filing a case,that would be best thing for me.. but as of now i am deeply worried.

Smita_L01042008 (student)     03 July 2010

DEAR MR. ANIMESH,

KIDLY CLARIFY THE FACT. PLEASE CHECK TERMS, CLAUSES IN  APPLICATION FORM, OFFER DOCUMENTS, RECEIPT ETC, REGARDING RIGHT OF INSTITUTE TO REFUSE THE CANDIDATE AND REFUND THE FEES.

KINDLY CLARIFY TO ADVICE YOU FURTHER.

REGARDS

J.VINOTH ( ADVOCATE MADRAS HIGH COURT)     03 July 2010

Mr. Animesh,

I think you can approach the Hon'ble High Court under Article 226 of the constitution & seek for your admission in the institution. There are lot of Apex cout judgements in this regard that a student should not be made to suffer for the acts of the management.

Animesh (none)     08 July 2010

@ all, thanks for your replies.

I have checked the offer letter and other documents,there's no mention of right of the institution to cancle admission and refund the fees. The Offer letter only stresses on fee refund rules and they have tons of rules to scare ppl who may wish to withdraw admission later.

Also, i had few email communications and a recent telephonic communication with the institute VC, their words are like this : " You were offered admission under I2IT (short name for the institute) APGP program, but now we have changed the system to IGNOU based centre of excellence and hence we are now forced to implement IGNOU rules as IGNOU administration are not ready to relax its eligibility criterias"

The tie-up as mentioned above was signed after i had deposited the fees and i have a e-mailed receipt for the same.

sreenath cochin (advocate)     09 July 2010

sure...u can file a complaint under art 226.pls contact a lawyer at the earliest so that u r time wil not be wasted

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register