LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridevi S   22 May 2020

property rights

I am 25 year old woman I lost my husband in 2018 due to cardiac arrest. I don't have kids.. Do I have property rights on my father in law's property? My father in law property is earned by him ( not ancestral property)

Learning

10 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 May 2020

No.  The property is the self-acquired property of your father in law.  so he can do it as he wishes.  But as a daughter-in-law, you request him to provide something to your lively hood if you no other income.

Sridevi S   22 May 2020

The problem is they claimed share and took in my husband's pf and insurance money? do they have legal rights on my husband's pf and insurance money? If they don't have, can I file a case legally to return money?

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     22 May 2020

No. Only on the demise of your father in law and that too if he dies intestate without executing any Will

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 May 2020

Yes, this is a repeated query. The author has already been informed that she is only a legal heir to the father-in-law (and mother-in-law), but has no right in the properties during their lifetime. However, the father-in-law is required to provide maintainance to the son's widow if he has the means and circumstances so warrant.

However, she has a claim over the insurance and PF benefits of the late husaband.

Maturity and integrity require that postings in this public platform are restricted to meaningful and constructive suggestions and that could very well be made without being judgmental of the querist or other participants.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     23 May 2020

Originally posted by : OM PRAKASH
What I wanted to emphasize that before answering to the query, 'the experts' should weigh the query first and then offer their 'expert' suggestion. Otherwise this platform has become like ' Aaya Ram Gaya Ram'. The cardiac arrest at the age of 40 is rare and the difference of 17 years of age between husband and wife is rerest.

SO NOW you want the Experts herein to answer the queries as per your whims & fancies .... and you wish to give grandma directions to the Experts ????  

BEWARE of people like "OM PRAKASH" (a Frustrated & poisonous forked tongue Expert), wherein he continously spews out his Frustrations against various voluntary EXPERTS and the QUERISTS of this Forum. ONLY NEGATIVE CRITICISM, WITHOUT ANY MEANINGFUL OR CONSTRUCTIVE ADVISE.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 May 2020

I do not remember your first query and taking the following aspect only into consideration:

The problem is they claimed share and took in my husband's pf and insurance money

Contact a local advocate as you are legally entitled to have your husband's property, though the nomination was prior to your marriage favoring his parents.  You should have bonafide proof of your marriage with husband.  Only a local advocate can guide you properly in the matter.

Sridevi S   23 May 2020

He was not 40 years he was jus 28 at the time of death. Yes this was a repeated query because I had some clarification so raised a query again sorry if any inconvenience caused. Thanks for suggestions. It was helpful.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 May 2020

We understand your concern. In fact, it' is we who have to offer apologies for the indiscretion and lack of judgement of one amongst us.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     23 May 2020

Originally posted by : OM PRAKASH
But Hemant Agarwal, I really relish your 'valuable' suggestions. Thanks for the compliments.

INTROSPECT at your Age and Wise up.

You have no right, whatsoever, to Taunt or Criticize or make adverse Comments on any Experts or on any Queriest.

IF you persist in your nuisance to "Taunt or Criticize or make adverse Comments",  THEN you will also face the same.

ABOVE IS A REQUEST.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 May 2020

Ms. Sridevi S,

It would have been better to post any other / further/ subsequent query in the same thread so that the opinion and advise of self and other experts is available for ready reference.

You have adequately been provided with complete legal advises and guidance. I fully agree and appreciate the opinion and advise of experts except a few "time pass" impersonated claimants.

However, if you have still some more queries you may seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register