LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atik j.pathan (Self employed )     02 March 2020

Deed of confirmation

I have purchasef agriculture land in maharashtra by registered sale deed (Stamp duty fully paid),my name is recorded on 7/12, in 2011, not with relation to this land I want to register deed of confirmation of legal heirs of seller ,can be such deed of confirmation registered and what will be stamp / stamp duty.

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 March 2020

Dear querist,

As per me you can register deed of confirmation. The stamp duty for registration of deed of confirmation is nominal . 

Regards,

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 March 2020

the deed of confirmation is nothing but a Ratification deed.  the legal heir of the seller shall execute a ratification deed on nominal stamp duty.  

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     03 March 2020

Confirmation deeds are also known as correction deeds. They are entered into between parties to rectify any errors made in a previous deed. These errors may include typing error, misspelt name, error in property descripttion, or any other error in execution of the documents. These mistakes can be later corrected through a deed of confirmation.

A confirmation deed means assent to the estate already created. By the confirmconfirmation, the parties further strengthen and give legal validity to the estate. A person may confirm and assent documents of conveyance executed by another person.

It may so happen that a party to a document has made a mistake while signing the main document or has failed to admit the execution before the sub-registrar within the prescribed time. As such, a sub-registrar may refuse to register the document. Or else  .the parties may have executed the documents, but failed to register at a sub-registrar’s office to admit execution, and the registering authority may refuse to register the document. In order to remedy these defects, a deed of confirmation has to be executed by the party concerned, where he confirms the execution of principal deed and further adds that the principal deed is valid and binding on him. He also confirms that he has no right, interest, or title to the property transferred which belongs to the purchaser/transferee. Also, a copy of the principal deed should be annexed to the deed of confirmation. The copy should also be signed by the party executing the confirmation deed.

This avoids execution of fresh documents, payment of stamp duty and registration charges.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register