Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VVS   15 December 2018

Child's schooling

Hello,

This is my first-time on this forum... My apologies, if this post has turned-out to be rather long, or if I have not mentioned some legally pertinent details... .. I'm just trying to give a correct, and details picture, so that you'll have give me the correct and detailed advice... 

We are Zoroastrian Parisis .... This is my first, and my wife's second marriage..

My wife and I, have seperated (more than a year), let's say, largely due to irreconcilable differences, and constant intereference from in-laws (from both sides)...We have a 3.5 year old daughter... The constant arguements/fighting/bickering between us, was getting to be a bit too much, and I felt it was affecting our baby. One day (more than a year back), my wife left home, taking our baby, along with her, and has since moved-in with her parents.... For all practical purposes, our marriage is over, only the legal/technical formalities are pending.... My wife has been rather gracious, and allows me to visit my baby, and even spend time with her, unsupervised... She's probably doing this, cause she needs financial support from me (for our child)

Anyway, my query is regarding my child's schooling...

My wife is really eager, on a particular shool (a popular girls school, in south Bombay), and is trying every trick in the book, to get our child admission in tht school.. She's leaving no stone unturned... However, I'm not too keen on that school, since I feel, it's not the right school - I feel ..

• We don't really come from the same socio-economic background, as most of the others from that school..
  • The values, ehtics, method of education, the school promotes, are not what I am looking for, for my child...
  • The school is extremely study-focused, and everything it does, is aimed @ showcasing itself for marketting purposes..
  • The fees are way out of our budget... 
  • I've know quite a products from that school, and I'm less than impressed by most of them...

My wife's hell-bent on getting my kids into that school... We recently attended a fair organised by that school, and after attending it, I'm further convinced that the school is not my child..

I would like my child to attend a school, more in lines with our scoio-economic background, a wholistic approach to learning/education, and personal development, not  a school that focuses on academic results, but one that puts equal emphasis on sports, arts etc.....My wife just wants that school, cause she feels, it'll be a social step-up for her, and our child... I feel it's rather frivolous...  I've explained all the abover to her, and tried convicing her, to no avail.. 

Since she has physical custody of our child, she has been making all the descisions, by arm-twisting me... Can i prevent her from putting my child in the above school ? If Yes, I would like some advice on how to go about it... I would like to go about it, as amicably as I can, but, since I feel that the right school plays a major role in shaping a child's life, I am willing to pursue this matter legally too.. Advice, help, support would be much appreciated... 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     16 December 2018

Dear querist,

This is family problem, you guys have not yet knocked legal door in any matter.

Approach elders of both the families of for help, law will not help much in this matter.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

VVS   16 December 2018

Originally posted by : Deepak Joshi
Dear querist,

Approach elders of both the families of for help, law will not help much in this matter.

Regards

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Thank you for responding... 

Yes, i've pursed this avenue too, and the family (both-sides) most of them seem to share the same view as mine.. Unfortunately, as I've already mentioned, my wife is hell-bent..

My wife has physical custody of our child... But, don't I, as the father, have in say in such matters?

VVS   17 December 2018

Hello,

Does anyone have more suggestions/advice on this matter.... 

Arthur Dent   19 December 2018

Originally posted by : Deepak Joshi
Dear querist,

Regards

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

You say, it's a family matter, but there's not much of a family left..

Also, the elders of both families, are the ones that caused the problem in our marriage...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register