LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Apoorva Dwivedi   15 December 2018

Rape and cheating charges after false promise of marriage

I was in relationship with a girl from August 12, 2018 to October 18, 2018. I used to visit her flat in absence of her mother. Her father is no more. However, her younger sister was always present when I visited her flat. On September 23, 2018 , her mother caught me with her in her flat. Since then, she was pressurizing for marriage. On October 16, 2018, the girl's family vacated the flat. The girl chose to shift with me in my house. She came with her clothes and other necessary items. On October 18, 2018, I left to my hometown for celebrating dusshera. The girl went to her mother's place and I went to my home. On October 20, 2018, the girl came to my home in hometown with her mother and younger sister. They gave a proposal for marriage but it was refused by my parents. To this, they screamed, shouted and abused and entire neighbourhood accumulated. The girl started shouting "RAPE, RAPE". 

On October 23, 2018, they came to my house where the girl had shifted with me. They started shouting "theft, theft" and called 100 number. On going to police station, they didnot lodge FIR of theft and instead shouted "RAPE". However, police asked them to leave and they left. On November 10, 2018, they lodged an FIR of rape (section 376) and cheating (section 420). I am in government job. I have been suspended. After FIR, nothing came out in medical. They are using social media and posting videos by naming me , my family members. They came to my office and did dharna. They also did dharna in front of SSP office. All kinds of pressure tactics are being used so that I marry her. On December 07, 2018, they evicted my house and took their belongings in presence of police. They also gave in writing that they have received their entire amount. Also, I have got arrest stay from Honourable High Court.

- What are my legal options in this case?

- What can I do with respect to my job?

Learning

1 Replies

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     15 December 2018

forget about legal rights.and think about moral obligations. What right you have to first lure a birl to live with you and then dump her . You have certainly cheated her and the court will definitly take you to task. If you entered into s*xual relation on the basis of  false promise to marry her  then certainly it is rape and the courts have taken strict view insuch matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register