LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Court fee return for out of court settelment

Hi I have filed a case for debt recovery of 1050000 and paid court fee of 65000 to my lawyer and case was settled at my village heads and received some money. How much amount out of 65000 will I get back from court. Note the case went in Court for only 3 months

Learning

8 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     09 January 2018

You will get refund of the court fee paid by you only if the settlement / compromise happens through Mediation Centre of the Court.  No such refund will be allowed, if out of court compromise/settlement takes place.

manoj   09 January 2018

Your query is whether refund of court fee can be granted when the matter was settled pending the suit. As per the Act under section 21 of the Legal Services Authorities Act contemplates only a compromise or settlement in respect of a matter in a pending suit. If the compromise is outside the court the court fee will not reimbursed.

V E MANOJ KUMAR  M.B.A.,L.LB.,

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 86 86 15 92 92 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 January 2018

Agree with experts.

Agree with experts.

Agree with experts.

Agree with experts.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     09 January 2018

nothing to add more

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 January 2018

Settlement through the village Head, may not be those provided under the CPC, but i am of the opinion that if the party arrived to a settlement outside the court and outside the provisions of CPC, there is no reasons why the court fees should not be refunded in full.Court fees varies from State to state and it should be the endeavur of every States/UT to come out with a legislation that in the events of any settlement outside/inside the court and before hearing of the suit, Court fees should be refunded in full.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register