LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   04 October 2017

My wife left home

I am from Hyderabad works in a corporate company & my wife is Home Maker (Unemployed). I got married in 16 February 2017, after 1 month 15 days she got pregnant and we are Happy. But after some days my Wife quarreled with me and my mother for unnecessary reason and left my home on 23 June 2017, and staying there from last 2 months 15 days and now she is 6 months pregnant.I went her home on 30 June 2017 asking her to come back. Her father is saying i will not send my daughter to your home and he is threatening me that i will book police complaint on you and your family members, there are spoiling all our family name. Her and her's fathers intention behind this is to take me out of my home and build a nuclear family and separate me from my family. I understood my wife's character she don't have any love towards me and my family, she married me by looking my properties, but all those properties are under my mothers name. now i am in a position to get divorce if my father-in-law don't send her daughter to my home. But i am worried about future of my baby if she delivers can i get my baby to my home if i got divorce ? They did not given me any dowry. they given only 1 lakh rupees towards buying of my dresses at the time of marriage. what to do if he does not come back after delivery? how much alimony should i need to pay? I will be arrested if she books police case ? Alimony and maintenance both i need to pay ?

Learning

7 Replies

Lalit   04 October 2017

Am also suffer from this type of situation.
i adviced you to Dont take wrong steps like fights with her parents and collecr all important Proofs like phone call recording and if u go to her home .Go with her's known to.
this is also a proof in court if she not come to your home...

After delivery go to her home to bring her back.
u do not need to pay something. because its her problem not yours.
No,u will not arrested if she book a case because the time between case is too long.
Yes if she file a case you pay maintenance. because she is unemployed and also for new born baby ....

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 October 2017

Probably you  have tried alone.

Instead now involve elders of the family, well wishers, and attempt to save the marriage.

Your apprehensions about spouse may not necessarily be true.

Let elders also put in their efforts, with their experience and face value and save the marriage for sake of both of you and both families and your unborn child.

Fixed notions about spouse can complicate the married life.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 October 2017

You might be aware that;

Wife has NO forced share in self acquired/earned property of husband.

Wife is not Co-parcener in ancestral property of husband.

DIL has NO forced share in property of MIL,FIL.

Forcing spouse to separate from parents can be termed act of cruelty.

If elders, mediators, well wishers efforts fail and it is concluded that your apprehensions and true to the fore then in case of expected litigation;  Building irrefutable evidence of everything may help in near future.

Nikhil indian (Struggling )     04 October 2017

Simiar case with me.. But i just lost my baby as she abort it. And now she file dowry case against me and my family. Don't be aggressive now first be prepared for any case and collect all the evidence and go there to back her and record all these on phone tell him to come back. Is she has an affair with anyone..? Why she don't wanna come back. Also u can file rcr in court. But First try to settle outside court.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     05 October 2017

I would advise you to work on resolving the differences with your wife first rather than thinking about seperation. This is the only thing which you can do under the present scenario.  Put on record all your efforts i.e. to say write emails, messages etc asking your wife to come back.

It will be difficult for you to get custody of a new-born baby.  If your wife does not agree and you have to litigate, you will have to pay maintenance to your wife, if she is not working, and your daughter. 

Anamika Vichare (Practising Lawyer)     05 October 2017

Many have rightly advised.   Just collect proofs, audio on phne call.   Still make efforts to visit your wife, ne calm, it may happen that during pregnancy due to harmonal changes, women reveal psychological traits.   So do not rush into divorce.   Your baby is going to come into this world wait for that baby.   Make effots to save marriage for that little baby coming into this world.   Let your wife misbehave, but you do not.    Give chance to your wife for the sake of baby.....................be in touch...........................let us solve problems step by step

Anamika Vichare (Practising Lawyer)     05 October 2017

Many have rightly advised.   Just collect proofs, audio on phne call.   Still make efforts to visit your wife, ne calm, it may happen that during pregnancy due to harmonal changes, women reveal psychological traits.   So do not rush into divorce.   Your baby is going to come into this world wait for that baby.   Make effots to save marriage for that little baby coming into this world.   Let your wife misbehave, but you do not.    Give chance to your wife for the sake of baby.....................be in touch...........................let us solve problems step by step

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register