LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhaval   24 March 2017

Intercaste marriage protection laws

I am a resident of gujarat. Me and my partner, (I'd like to mention her as my wife) are willing to register our marriage. My family has agreed to our relationship. But the girl belongs to higher caste, and thus following the rudimentary caste system, her parents are against our marriage. We are not worried about our marriage at all, we could carry out all the processes smoothly. Our main concern is, how could we protect ourselves from the life threatening situations created by her family? Aren't there any laws which would protect us from false cases that her parents would file against us? Is there any way we could inform police stations previously so that they wouldn't accept any case against us? Is there any way to previously mention in the court that the girl has married me out of her free will and whatever questions the family raises against us are completely false? What are the preventive measures through which we could make sure that my wife's parents would not try to harm me or my family?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : dhaval
I am a resident of gujarat. Me and my partner, (I'd like to mention her as my wife) are willing to register our marriage. My family has agreed to our relationship. But the girl belongs to higher caste, and thus following the rudimentary caste system, her parents are against our marriage. We are not worried about our marriage at all, we could carry out all the processes smoothly. Our main concern is, how could we protect ourselves from the life threatening situations created by her family? Aren't there any laws which would protect us from false cases that her parents would file against us? Is there any way we could inform police stations previously so that they wouldn't accept any case against us? Is there any way to previously mention in the court that the girl has married me out of her free will and whatever questions the family raises against us are completely false? What are the preventive measures through which we could make sure that my wife's parents would not try to harm me or my family?

Dont do intercaste marriage or inter community marriage. Is my suggestion. In tree shots all love will be shoved down the drain.  If parrot is troubling you too much, try hasthamythuna.  DOnt risk marriage.  All going for live-in relationship and few night stands.  Better choose good contraceptive method and enjoy rather than stand in court and police statoin for rest of life.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 March 2017

Every citizen has the same rights for his protection from unlawful elements without caste, creed and religion.   The constitution guaranteed such rights.  You may file application to Supdt of Police for such individual protection.

In a democracy like India, if some one wants to harm another, protection is not always possible and one has to take his own ways for protecting himself, nothing is guaranteed as safe.

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     25 March 2017

If your would be wife whom you like to call "wife" without a proper marriage is adult you may get your marriage registered  with marriage registrar. You may not check anyone from filing a complaint once it is filed you will have to defend it before court of law and prove your case. A proper marriage certificate may help you. If there is a physical threat you may ask police protection.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register