Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Director)     26 April 2016

Hindu daughter rights in an indian company share

Hello Sir/Madam,

My great grandfather(Maternal Side) formed a public ltd company in 1939 related to mining. He had 3 sons and a daughter. His daughter got married in 1936, 3 years before the company was formed. My great grandfather was the M.D of the company having  a share holding of 51 % .He expired in 1970  and his Sons handled the company for 4 decades of business after his death. However,  in his "Will" there's nothing mentioned about the company, he mentioned about the lands and other ancestral property. My grandmother expired in 1998 leaving behind 4 sons and a daughter as her legal heirs.

Question:

Being a daughter, does my grandmother or her legal heirs/successor hold the capacity to claim the share in the company/ maternal uncles. Can a civil suit be filed by her legal heirs or successors? Please help.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Its true now there is daughters right in property but at that time there was no such right... So u cannot get any share

JustAdvisor (IT)     26 April 2016

it has been 46 years since your great grandfather passed away and 18 years even since your grandmother passed away. even if for the sake of argument your grandmother may have right over the property (i may argue on your behalf that property was self acquired and great grandfather passed away after 1956), law helps the vigilant not the indolent. if the stakes are too high consult an ace lawyer but you are climbing mount everest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register