LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   22 October 2015

Section 9

After police has cancelled the 498A lodged by my wife agaist me/parents/married sisters, my wife has filed a case u/s 9.

kindlly let me know what can be consequences of this case and what shall I do?. She has been at her parents house for more than a year

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 October 2015

Sir, Since 498A has been cancelled and now she has filed RCR, She herself has taken a contradictory stand .... Please share the copies of the documents to get the correct advice ... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     24 October 2015

Pls plan for defamation. Let sec 9 be exparte. Dont atten pls. PlS see my profile links carefully.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 October 2015

Let's not jump to the conclusions. The RCR is not dependent on 498a; specially when you have not filed divorce. You can take defence that the girl has filed a false case against you hence you can no longer be expected to stay with her under these circumstances.

Also, has the police filed the final report and the same has been accepted by the court? The lady still has the right to file protest petition in the court.

Defend RCR on merits for now.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 October 2015

Mr Rahul,

U have repeated the same problem in 5 different threads since yeaterday giving each of  them a new title/clarify

Rahul   24 October 2015

Sainath Ji - query in every thread is different .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register