Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajkumar (Student)     24 July 2015

Problem having two names!

Hello Everyone!

My father has two names! The one in his schooling certificates is different & the one which is in our (children) certificates is different! Moreover, his official documents also bear both the names (standalone one name in any document and the other name in some other document).

Now, how can we make both the names offiicial? Will only getting an affidavit solve the problem? Some one told me that an affidavit is valid only for 6 months for these purposes! Is it so? I heard this a new thing!

So, will an affidavit by my father claiming that these both are my names sort out the matter? He wants to make both of these official (alias would do).

Is there any gazette notification for this also? (I have heard it's only for name change! Like I have changed my name from A to B).

Pls. reply and help me on this matter!

Thanks & Best Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     28 July 2015

Let your father affirm a sowrn Affidavit by oath before a first class Judicial Magistrate declaring that he holds and publicly known by two names (state two names) but both of those two names belongs to same and one identical person. After getting the Affidavit signed and sealed by the Magistrate publish it in two different local news papers.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2015

I fully agree to the views and suggestions made by senior learned Advocate highly respected Mr. Roy sir, besides his advises, I would like to add that after making a newspaper publication, along with a copy of the said newspaper and the said affidavit, apply for publication of the same in the government gazette publication to make this more authentic. 

Rajkumar (Student)     04 August 2015

Thanks for the replies! But, I wish to know that whether is there any gazette notification for a case like our's in which we can state that I have these 2 names. What I know is gazette is used for name change. Suppose, i hage changed my name from A to B. But, is there a gazette notification for this also - A and B both are my names? Secondly, gazette notification is valid PAN INDIA or only in the state it got published?

Rajkumar (Student)     08 August 2015

Originally posted by : Biswanath Roy
Let your father affirm a sowrn Affidavit by oath before a first class Judicial Magistrate declaring that he holds and publicly known by two names (state two names) but both of those two names belongs to same and one identical person. After getting the Affidavit signed and sealed by the Magistrate publish it in two different local news papers.

Thanks for the replies! But, I wish to know that whether is there any gazette notification for a case like our's in which we can state that I have these 2 names. What I know is gazette is used for name change. Suppose, i hage changed my name from A to B. But, is there a gazette notification for this also - A and B both are my names? Secondly, gazette notification is valid PAN INDIA or only in the state it got published?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register