Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zafar (Secretary)     08 September 2014

Illlegal revocation of gift deed

Dear Experts,

Some time back, I have raised as issue with regard to revocation of gift deed and received experts' opinion on this matter.  Thank you very much.

The case.  

In 2003 there is a registered gift deed of a vacant land of 2 grounds (self earned) registered between the father (my father-in-law) and his elder daughter (my wife).  Within two days of registration we went abroad advising my in-laws to receive the registered documents and maintain the same.  However, they (in-laws) did not do this and whenever we ask, they told stores and promised they they will take care of our property documents.  We are visiting India on vacations just for one month every year. We have n

Until 2007, they did not show us the original documents and inspite of our requests/demands they not only refused, they threatened us to give 'half of the property' back to them or else they will cancel the gift deed given by ithem  Sensing this breach of trust and danger, my wife again made a 'Settlement Deed" in favour of our minor childres ( 4 Nos.three girls and one boy - one girl major now) and me (father) as a natural and legal guardian.

However, we have not transferred the names in the revenue records due to the breach of trust and refused to handover our documents in spite of our demands.

In 2008, my in-law without the consent of donee (my wife) and without any court's directive unilaterally cancelled the gift deed registered during 2003. 

After cancellation of the gift deed in 2008, in end of 2013, my in-laws against without our knowledge or any court's directive, again made one more settlement in favour of my 2nd brother-in-law (in-laws 3rd son).

Since I wanted to develop this land, I have applied for an EC and came to light all these illegal transactions. Presently, the EC appears on my 2nd brother-in-laws name.  Due to this I am unable to proceed to develop my property.

After we came to know these illegal activities, we swung into action (i) first we filed caveat, (2) Made O.S. and I.A. praying for temporary/permanent injunction.  We have taken this legal action on February 2014.  

We have not been granted till now any interim/permanent award. Also, the opp. parties did not file their written statement until now in spite of court's warnings.  I have included SRO also as a party.

Meanwhile, In July 2014, the 1st respondent (Doner) is passed away. 

Until now, 4 times, this case matter had been adjourned.  The last and final date is given on   6-10-2014 to file opp. parties written statement.

Though I have appointed my legal counsel, I would like your expet's view, 2nd opinion and suggestion as to how this court's case is navigating.  What are all the recommendations, I should make now on this point of time.  

While this matter is in court now, I would like to (1) transfer the names of my minor's name, (2) want to start construction, (3) want to take criminal action on in-laws since they have committed breach of trust, etc. (they have destroyed the sign board (not to tress-pass the property sign).  I have made a written complaint on this to the nearest Police Station, obtained DSR and filed in the Court.)

Expert's answer is solicited.

Sincerely

Learning

1 Replies

Zafar (Secretary)     10 September 2014

Dear Experts,

No answer yet to my query.  May be the query is too long.    I am giving below brief again for your answer.

In 2003 Gift Deed (vacant land) made between Father and his elder daughter.

In 2007, the elder daughter again made one settlement deed in favour of her minor 4 children and me as guardian.  

In 2008, father without the consent/knowledge  of donee and without any court's intervention, cancels the Deed unilaterally. 

After cancellation of the Gift Deed in 2008, father again makes one more settlement deed in favour of his 3rd son.

O.S. and I.A. has been made in the district munsff court on February 2014 praying for permanent injunction and for null and void of both cancellation made in 2008 and settlement made in 2013. 

Opp. party dragged the matter by not filing their written statement. More than 5 hearings held.  So far I have not been granted any interim /permanent award.  The next hearing for filing written statement will be on 6-10-2014.

I would like to construct on the land as well as to take further criminal action on opp. parties since they have stolen property documents registered on our name in 2003.

Please enlighten me on this matter.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register