LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHOK OZA (RETIRED PERSON)     06 September 2014

Obtaining legal heir certificate

I am having an insurance policy (Vadodara District, Gujarat). My name is as a Nominee. My mother, now deceased, was the "Proposer" (She paid policy premiums so far out of her life's savings, since she wanted the beneficiary to be my daughter). Life Insured person is, my, now married, daughter. For changing the name of the proposer to my daughter's name just for continuance of this policy and transfer of premiums paid so far.(There is NO claim now and my daughter is ready to pay further premiums WITHOUT undergoing any lengthy legal procedure).Despite this, I have been asked to obtain "Legal Heir Certificate" issued by the Administrator General under section 29 of the Administrator General Act, 1963.

I want to know the documents required( My deceased mother's documents, my daughter's documents), procedure, cost factor and time line to undergo this process. Is there a limit to the amount of money involved (premium money paid so far for the policy) for issuance of  Legal Heir Certificate"  by the Administrator General under section 29 of the Administrator General Act, 1963 ?

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     07 September 2014

Nomination is not effective in a policy taken on the life of another, which seems to be the case here.

For Legal Heir certificate procedure see :

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/India_-_Obtain_Legal_Heir_Certificate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register