Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pragya gupta (MANAGER)     15 July 2014

Lic case

HELLO SIR/ MAM ,

Mere husband ki 2 policy thi jo shadi ke pehle ki thi jisme ek me mere father in law  or ek me mere mother in law nominee the  Mere husband ki 9/9/2011 me accident me death ho gai thi us samaye hame bone T.B. ho gai thi or ham apne mayeke me 1 months pehe se the mere ek beta bhi 2 saal ka hai bimari ka  fayda utha kar mere sasur saas ne dono policy apne naam kara li thi jiska hame pata chal gaya or hamne ek jisme mere sasur naminee the 250000 ki me objection court me file kia hai jiska case chal raha hai or doosri jisme meri mother in law nominee hai 65000 ki nikali ja  chuki hai 

mujhe ghar se mere bete ke sath bina kuchh bhi diye bina maar kar nikal dia gaya hai jiski report police station me nahi likhi gai jise hamne court se file karaya tha jiski final report mere khilaf me aai hai ki kuchh bhi mara  peet nahi hui hai  jiski medical report bhi mere pass hai  mere laws ki police me achhi pehchan hai jisse police se koi support nahi mil raha hai 

Related  case abhi tak chal raha hai abhi tak kuchh nahi hua hai , lekin abhi 20 din pehle mere father in law ki death ho gai jo nominee the tab court me bataya gaya ki agar kisi ki death ho jati hai tab case kharij kar dia jata hai , or jo bhi us amout ka varis hota hai doosra case chalta hai ,

ab ham aage kya kare kuchh samajh me nahi aa raha hai  abhi sasural me meri mother in law , devar & uski wife hai ,

please help me

hame ye janna hai ki is case me mera kitna right hai agar aap ke paas koi rooling ho is case ke baare me to please aap meri madad kare 

pragya 

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 July 2014

There are some exceptional rules & circumstances under which a third party (i.e. other than nominee) may have a right over the nominee with regards to the claim money.Here jotting down the points in simple language for your benefit. You may get an idea . 

1. As per the Law, though the nominee has the first right to the ‘death claim’ proceeds BUT a written (registered) WILL is more powerful than the nominee & can challenge the nominee in the court of law. That means a WILL can be more powerful than a nomination in some cases. 

2. In addition, the nominee can be changed any number of times by the concerned policy holder. The current (or last) nominee will supersede the previous nominees. Kindly also note the fact that nomination can also been done on a separate plain paper by the Insured which needs to be registered / acknowledged with the concerned Insurance company (Insurance Law). That means, it is not important that all nominations have to be there on the Insurance policy document. 

3. Another important point is, which you have must remember & note VERY CAREFULLY:- 

If you want to challenge the nominee, you need to get a halt order (stay order) from the court BEFORE the Insurance Company releases the death claim to the concerned nominees. Or else the Insurer, who has already sent the cheque to the nominee, will keep their hands clean of the matter & will direct the concerned party to fight it will the nominee directly, which is more difficult, as now the payment has been released. 
In other words, if you want to challenge the nominee, then you must get a stay order at the earliest basis your claim before the Insurance Company processes & releases the money to the registered nominees of the Insurance Policy. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register