Form16 issue

I have received form16 for FY2008-2009 from my former employer for the EPF amount settled after leaving the organisation.The money is paid out from the employer's provident fund trust.But the form16 contains error in my PAN of the characters in the PAN is "V" instead of "U". My employer informed that there was an error in the form19 submitted for the EPF settlement and since the tax is already paid with the incorrect PAN number, they cannot reissue new form16 with correct PAN number.
Actually I need to claim refunds for the FY2008-2009 and the amount is quite big since I have paid more money in the form of TDS than what is due from my side to the tax dept.
Can I submit the form16(with the error in the PAN) while filing tax returns for FY2008-2009.Will the tax dept will consider my tax returns for the refunds ?

Can the employer flatly refused to reissue new form16 to the employee due to the error in the form19 application ?
Can the employer file any application with tax dept for making correction in the PAN number.

If not , then what is the solution for this problem ?






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x