LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alapati Prasad (Engineer-Business-Lawyer)     01 August 2010

forgery promisory note

I have received  a court notice from a Junior Civil Judge court with regard  to a Promisory note, from an unknown person,far off place from my residence. This case might have lodged under the disguise of some known persons, on whom I made a criminal complaint and the trial is in process. This is purely a forgery promisory note.  I have not received any legal notice , prior to the court notice.  How shall I proceed now?


 8 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     01 August 2010

Consult and appoint a good local advocate. Show him all the documents, he/she will guide you after studying the whole case as to what can be done about it.


if it is forged, your adv. can easily prove by filing expert openion petition in I.A, BY PAYING RS.3000/- to FSL, HYD AS OPENION CHARDES.

Alapati Prasad (Engineer-Business-Lawyer)     02 August 2010

;thanQ Advocate Archana.

Alapati Prasad (Engineer-Business-Lawyer)     02 August 2010

ThanQ Advocate Janardhan for ur valuable advice.

Srinivas (Director)     03 August 2010

No offense intened to Adv. Archana but your advise is implied and really redundant. You dont need to be an advocate to give that advice. I think people who are asking for guidance on this forum understand they will need to hire a lawyer for their case. There are way too many procedures that common man cannot master or followup in the court of law.


The reason for asking question on this forum is to better understand the law so people know their rights, interact effectively with their lawyers, have some piece of mind, etc. Also a there are a lot of judges & lawyers who dont understand the law and give false or misleading advise to their clients. Knowledge or information on law is basis to fight the inefficiencies plaguing our judicial system.


Again, I meant well, if this message came out as rash, please accept my apologies. Nothing personal.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     03 August 2010

Mr Srinivas,

If you read the post of Alapati prasad, it is extremely creptic,  vague and lacking in particulars from which no lawyer can give any advice. Also it is improper and at times hazardous to the interest of that person if any haphazard advice is given without knowing and understanding the facts of the case properly, because the in such case the person who has asked the query who is already in a tense state will become more confused. When the queries are properly put, then straight replies are given. But in queries lacking clarity, it is irresponsible to give any advice, this is my view. 

Any lawyer can give proper correct advice only when he studies the case properly, Mr prasad asked,  How shall I proceed now? So I advised him accordingly...

Ayush (Advocate)     03 August 2010

Ms. Archana is right. The query of the person is very ambiguous. It does not lead to any good advice. He is saying he has received a notice from the court of civil judge J. D. whereas this case seems to be of criminal nature and a criminal case is entertained by a magistrate not civil judge. moreover, how can a legal advisor on internet tell that the promissory note is forged or real. he should better consult a lawyer.

Srinivas (Director)     03 August 2010

Archana & Ayush,

Well put. Point taken and fully agree with ur assessment.

Normally the person asking the question (for non-advocates including myself in that category) we dont know what information is relevant or what question to ask.  We will all be grateful if experts can point out what information or detail is missing. This will help guide the layman to the point source of light and give some hope.

Thanks for helping out in general. That is an admirable effort and please dont stop.


PS: It wont hurt to have the standard disclaimer at the end of the email. :-)


best wishes,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register