Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Foreigner in cheating case

Dear Experts,

One of a foreigner from south africa is under judicial custody since 9 months facing IPC's 406 & 420 in Gujarat jail I have queries on  the following points:

  1. Can he get bail in these case?
  2. Can his high commissioner office take up the matter with the gujarat govt?
  3. Is there any NGO or NRG, H.R commisions who might take interest in this type of cases?
  4. Can high court ask the lower court to start his case immediately?
  5. Is there any other way to get that poor foreigner out?

Please send your valuable inputs, the inmate's kins think he has died while travelling in India.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x