LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushil (Advocate)     03 February 2015

For union peoples to be employed

one person claiming to be from labour department has visited our place at Mumbai and informed that as per mathadi act of maharashtra we cannot use our peons and contract staff for loading/unloading/delivery activity directly even our delivery boys cannot be paid directly.
He informed that we have to pay to the union by cheque Rs 12000/- approx +38% for other benefits like pf/esic etc per person and they will pay directly to them. Also he pointed that we cannot employ directly we have to employ through them. After inquiring we came to know that basically he is not from govt.dept but from labour union wherein he wants to employ his person.
Please suggest whether it is compulsory to get registered with this union peoples even if we don't require as we are having our own peoples for loading/unloading work.

Require kind advice on the same.

Thanking you in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 February 2015

You are not coming with full facts. 

You have not stated who the union is.

Are you using outsourced employees?

whether said union is the outsourcing employer?

When you know he is imposter has why you not handed him over to the police?

what are the terms and conditions of employing your staff.

No useful advise can be given to you

Sushil (Advocate)     04 February 2015

Mr. Sudhir - Thanks for the revert.

Firstly read carefully and then give your comments, as  you might be very well knowing that you cannot give useful advice without properly reading.

Secondly if i would know that for getting the query solved whatever the questions above you have probed is necessary then would have mentioned earlier only.

And I didn't get you for your question - who the union is???? if i have written these two points  that (1) as per mathadi act of Maharashtra and (2) our workplace is at Mumbai, then you should be smart enough to catch the point instead of asking silly questions.

your another question - Are you using outsourced employees?-we are having our own peoples for loading/unloading work. it clearly means that we have our own staff and not outsourced employees.

And you have not understood my query, please read it again it was exactly about "Please suggest whether it is compulsory to get registered with this union peoples even if we don't require as we are having our own peoples for loading/unloading work."

Hope it my be clear now.

Thanking you in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register