LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adarsh B G   18 November 2018

for replacement the company is asking for bill but i lost mine

I had an issue with my monitor and I have been asking for replacement for last three months .now they found out that I don't have bill .and due to this they are holding my replacement what to do

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 November 2018

Company/dealer that has sold the item has the bill and you may ask for duplicate copy.

In the emantime try to relate with disptach details, payment details etc ..

Thanks you sir for your help

sir the dealer is saying that they lost the backup.but with the help of serial number they were able to look whether my product was under warranty!!
my product (23inch) was damaged and I wanted a replacement first they charged me 1000 rs (25") since the 23" monitor was out of stock .now when this 25" become damaged due to same defect , when I asked for replacement they are saying 25" is out of stock,they can provide me 23" monitor! at that time I asked for refunding but they are not giving .they are saying they will take the monitor and they will give the depreciation.pls tell me the way to approach the consumer court for this reason ( if possible pls tell me the section which this issue will fall on our penal code)

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 November 2018

First get all the supporting evidence to show payment of the consideration, warranty, correspondence in between you and the seller.  Unless you produce such receipts, warranty cards, with copy of Regd notice to the supplier for replacement and their response in writing, approaching a consumer forum may not be fruitful.  It is the minimum fundamental that you have to establish a purchase and taking up the matter with them in the normal course and their deficiency of service.

So first get duplicate bills and warranty cards and issue the notice to the company and let them state their difficulty in writing.  Please do not think that you can get such compensation easily, without any difficulty, approaching a consumer forum is not that simple as you presume.though you need not pay single rupee fee, you have to attend adjournments or entrust this to a representative or advocate and incur such expenditure that may be necessary, without a sure and certain decision in your favour.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register