Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMRAVINDRAN (co-ordinate)     04 November 2008


My Dear Experts,

We are a Dal Processing Industry -Company in Tamil Nadu. We are having a statutory compliance to obtain a Food Licence under Prevention of Food Adultration Act. According to the said act, we approached the concerned Authority (we are in Panchayet circle. Hence we approached the concerned commissioner, who is the licence issuing authority - as per the said act). But he said that we are not concerned for that, pls. enquire about the same with Dy. Director, Health Services.


In this regard, please let i know who is issuing authority for Food Licence concern?

Kindly give your guidance/opinion in this regard.




 1 Replies

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     04 November 2008


Please refer Sec 50 of P.F.A Act 1954. The licencing autority varies from state to state.

However the Chief District Medical Officer is the authority commonly for the concerned district.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query