LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gowthaman (PL)     17 August 2011

Flat resale in chennai

Dear experts,

I am planning to sell my 5 Year old apartment in Chennai, TN.

The SBA is 853 Sq Ft, Car Parking 110 Sq Ft. The UDS is 623 Sq Ft.

Now when I am looking at my sale deed, the registration was done for 749(Then Government Value) Per Sq Ft for the UDS amounting to INR 466627, Registration was done for 9% on it which was around INR42000.

Now the Government value is 1058 as per the government website.

While selling this property,

should I be registering it exactly as my builder did (1058 * 623 (UDS)) or

should i do it for my SBA alone (1058*853(SBA)) or

should I do it for the SBA and Car Park (1058 * 963)


I have got a buyer who is very interested in buying it, but he is also negotiating for me to cover the registration within my sell price. without knowing how much that is I am not able to make a decision. Need your expert advice on the same


Please consider this as urgent





 4 Replies

N Vanaraj (advocate)     18 August 2011

while  buing the flat as new the builder has got it registered in ur name for uds only. now when u resell it u have to register for uds as well as the for the market value of the flat.  as far as the resale of the flat is concerned it is advisable to  negotiate only for the flat price only(buyer to bear the cost of registration). for further info u may contact me on 9841729868

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     19 August 2011

You have sell and register register both UDS and SBA at the current guide line value. Area ear marked for car park can not be sold. You can mention about it in your sale deed.

Normally Stamp duty will be borne by the purchaser separately.

ranjeesh k s (Designer)     10 July 2012

Does it apply to resale of flat under construction too?  the owner got it registered for guidance x uds. Now the buyer need to register it for guidance x SBA (though it is under construction) ?

Thank you.

propertymesh (individual)     13 July 2012

yes you can be able to sell your flat .The best way is that you could opt for web portal  .The web portal is very best know a days through the help of web portal you can buy & sell any kind of property any where in india . For more information visit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query