LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     18 March 2009

FIXATION OF REVENUE STAMPS ON SHARE CERTIFICATES

I WOULD BE OBLIGED TO BE ADVISED BY YOU WHETHER IT IS OBLIGATORY TO AFFIX REVENUE STAMPS ON SHARE CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY A PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY IN INDIA. IF IT IS, WHAT WOULD BE RATE OF SUCH STAMPS, WHETHER TO BE AFFIXED ON THE BASIS OF FACE VALUE OR ON THE BASIS OF EACH SCRIP

Learning

3 Replies

Rajneesh Malhotra (Advocate)     23 March 2009

Your question is not clear as to the fact, whom do you represent?

As of today there are hardly any share certificates left.

V (Sr. Analyst)     29 July 2009

Originally posted by :Nirav Pankaj Shah
"  See, If the Share certificates are being issued within a period of 3 months from the date of allotment, u can also get the certificates stamped electronically rather than affixing stamps on it.Stamp Duty is payable on the amount of shares including amount of premium. In case your query relates to back date certificates u will no option but to affix stamps on it. It is a matter of State Act and hence stamp duty will b applicable as per the State Act. Like in Gujarat, stamp duty is payable @ 0.10% of the value of shares incl. amount of premium, if any. "

Dear Mr. Shah,

I thank you for your response to this query. this is very helpful indeed. However, I would like to know, whether such a stamp duty is payable as per the governing rules of which location? The location of the registered office of the Company or the Loacation where the Board Meeting was held (for allotment of shares).

Further, can you also provide us with the rate of Stamp Duty in Silvassa.

Thanks in Advance.

Vilas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register