LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dbanna (clerk)     14 January 2012

Fasley, missing documents for buying a plot


I need your valuable suggestion, as i m very much confused in buying a plot.


Actually the property, which has only fasley documents, donated by nizam to the plot owner kishan during/before independence time, now their sons who are above 60 yrs, want to sell their property. 

Now, plot owner is selling a property with about 60 yrs old documents, called as fasley documents. Now the problem is they don't have neither link document nor encumberance certificate has no data nor the property is registered on their(seller) name. But they are having electricity and water connection and the locality knows them and  everything as usaul.  The owners childern/grand children are ready to sign the documents and they are willing to sell the property. 

As per my assumption, in these fasley documents(which are in urdu) mentions only power of attorney given to the existing owner, but nowhere it is mentioned as, 'the seller is the owner of the property'.

Please let me know, whether to buy this property or not.

Thank you,

 1 Replies

kumar (NIL)     17 January 2012


Fasley documents can be accepted for the registration. At that time before independence there is no registration for properties. And there will not have link documents and EC's for this kind of properties, but still you can purchase the property. But you will have to take these documents at the time of registration.

1. Take NOC from Land Owner and all his legal heirs

2. Do the mutation after registration is happend (change of title documents)

3. Do the sale transaction in White only (through bank account / DD / Cheque) - then you will have a proof of payment

4. Transfer Property Tax assessment on your name

You can buy this property.


Thank You...


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query