LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

family relationships

I got married in 2018.my husband's married sister with her son is staying with us since 2 and half yrs.She is not divorced yet.But separate from her husband.The house is under mothers name.I have twin sons 11 months old .Is there any legal way to separate her immediately

Learning

9 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 May 2020

The posting suggests no legal issues.

Gujjar Gujjar   21 May 2020

why are you breaking a family ? Definitely, the sister don't have much resources to live separately thatswhy she's here. Also, before your husband, he is her brother. Clean your mind.
1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 May 2020

Originally posted by : Member (Account Deleted)
I got married in 2018.my husband's married sister with her son is staying with us since 2 and half yrs.She is not divorced yet.But separate from her husband.The house is under mothers name.I have twin sons 11 months old .Is there any legal way to separate her immediately

1. Since House belongs and stands in name of Mother, Sister is legally entitled to Stay and Claim her share in Mother's house, without any reference to anybody and cannot be asked /demanded to vacate the mother's house.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 May 2020

Both of you, i.e., your husband as well as his sister are licencee of your mother-in-law.  She  .may allow both or any one.

It is not the right of either of you to stay in the house owned by your MIL.

Why do you want to throw away your sister-in-law ?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 May 2020

Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista
Both of you, i.e., your husband as well as his sister are licencee of your mother-in-law.  She  .may allow both or any one.

It is not the right of either of you to stay in the house owned by your MIL.

Why do you want to throw away your sister-in-law ?

APPREHENSIVELY, that is what is taught to such females by their own parents, to marry and disintegrate the Husband's family.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 May 2020

Please understand facts and your future also.  You are in fact living in your mother in law's house, and they are taking care of your twins of 11 months.  It may be difficult to live with MIL and husband's sister's family immediately after your marriage, as you may not have privacy.   But in India, this is a custom and you have to learn the ways as to how to get maximum benefit within the resources at your disposal and how to strengthen your family financially with these family support.

Guest000123 (None)     22 May 2020

Hi sir, I am not able to modify my query that is why created a new account.She is married her cousin without ് any family support and she has no contact with the family after marriage until she gets pregnant.After that she was here at all time and not like to stay at her husband family.She was staying here and back to her married house and come back again and again due to problems there.After my marriage she did the same.She was mentally haraasing me and say that the house was her and she has the power and rule to stay at any time. My MIL and FIL will support her not me if any problem occurs .And also they will say this is her house at all time..Another house is here by father's name ,that is also for her.Her husband 's family tryied for a compramize but my MIL and FIL will not like that.She is in wrong way .She Made lot of problems with her boy friends ,cheating her husband etc.My husband not support her bad behaviour. But mother and father will not accept any faults made by her .And mother dismissed us from that house .We were in my house because I am pregnant and needs bedrest due to twin pregnancy.we stand in my house until my twin sons have 5 months old .Several community organization came to my husband family for a compramize.But they have no interest to bring back us. But our community organization took an action to call back us and give a promise to compramize her problems.We come back before 6 months but they will not take any action about her.She has the entire power in this house me like a paying guest.Mother making a separation between us at all time.I am afraid to live here at sometime .That is I am asking any legal way to separate her for better life for both of us

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 May 2020

It appears you are young and should take care of twins, it is always proper to sort it out amicably with your husband as compassion is most important.  (You may not be knowing but in several south Indian traditional families at least there was one young widow (due to child marriages and epidemics) that lived in her parent's house during her entire time and never seen her husband also.  Every family member then treated her as an elder and some abused/misused her as a servant.  The position then is different as they are not having property rights and even if they are having such rights, traditions suppressed such liberties.   Now the circumstances may be different and these issues are to be settled (maybe compromises or adjustments or sacrifices all in the name of a family) within family members as you have twin babies now and should bring them up as responsible citizens.  If possible use the services of a counselor for proper guidance.

Guest000123 (None)     22 May 2020

Thank you sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register