family problem

Hi, I did applied for mutual divorce with agreement of 8.5 lakh Alimony.
Already paid 4 lakh, Remaining amount I need pay next month.
Now I am unable to pay that money, due to covid19 financial problems.
1. How much time max I can ask from court?
2. If am unable to pay remaining amount what will happen?

The matter is at the discretion of the court.


Retired employee.

Depending on your submissions, the court may certainly grant such extension as you have already demonstrated your willingness by paying half amount, and everyone knows the present helpless situation in COVID.  Do not try to take a risk by searching for ways to evade such alimony awarded by the court as it may even bring a criminal action against you, and further developments may not bring any happiness.   Try to cut down complications and always focus on solving issues somehow without protracting them.  Beg, borrow or steal and pay the amount as per the extension period given to Court and even bargain for issuing of post-dated cheques.  (As it is a mutual divorce, much depends on the consent of the other party)

Total likes : 1 times

B.Sc, B.L

I concurr with GLN.  Just some how make manoey and pay her, otherwise ur efforts will be futile.  as was said by GLN, beg, borrow or steal. File an application for extension of time and the court will definetely consider the same in the present scenario. But of all said and done, you must make it without going for such a request and find out for money, by good means, but not bad means.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x