Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Saini (MIS Executive)     17 August 2011

False dowry case against me and my family


My name is Rajiv Saini. I was married on 2 feb 2006.My Wife filled a fake case against me and family in CAW cell with regular reasons like domestic violence , dowry demand, Maintenance, etc. But the exact issue is her parents want that her 2nd sister marriage with my younger brother. which we denied properly in front for her relative at the time of my marrriage.She comeback after six months . But again after 6 months she again creating problem with different reason ( Mere Family ko kaun dekhega, Unka koi Beta Nahi.). She always ignore , whatever my mother said to her. She always do what her mother is saying. Which I don't like strictly.

Now again her parents took her on 13th Sep 2009 without my permission, My mother and one of my neighbour trying to stop her, but she didn't., After 15 months she filed a fake case against me in CAW cell. In all dates she would ask for divorce with money and jewellary in CAW cell. Then i consult a Advocate for resolution. He suggest me to put the case , that you want to live with her.Then we put a case against her that , i want take her but her family dosen't allow for this and she also follow her parents commands.

But on the first date of court she said yes to live with me but in different accommodation.

Now the Court has advice us to arrange a separate accommodation .can we do something as precaution or conditions before living together.


 8 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 August 2011

This is a classical example of misplaced RCR.

Take a seperate accomodation and live with her, if you really want to live with her, but no amount of precaution can save you from any false evidences which she wants to build, if any.

Better go with an open mind and try to save the marriage now.

2 Like


Frankly speakaing...your wife and her family have no respect for you nor for the marriage...that is why they are asking for money and divorce...and again wanting to come back...please do not be emotional...

There are various kinds of people in this world...and it is very difficult for the human mind to comprehend what the other person wants...

I can guarantee you that she and her family will again start blackmailing you on some other issue in the future..since now they have a taste of what happens when a case is filed against the husband....

If she comes back...and as long as she is your wife..she has 498A in her artillery and can be fired at will anytime....

PLEASE THINK 1 MILLION TIMES BEFORE STARTING TO STAY WITH HER AGAIN...this time you escaped and may be next time you will not be able to....


Please understand that section 9 in indirectly asking the wife to get out and not come in....because once she has filed cases..things are over...

it is easy for me to say because I have been through all these things and I can understand that it may be difficult for you..but please take a wise decision...

Best of whatever you do..



chandra mohan (power)     22 August 2011

"PLEASE THINK 1 MILLION TIMES BEFORE STARTING TO STAY WITH HER AGAIN...this time you escaped and may be next time you will not be able to...." rightly said by Mr. Rohit. Once the lady had taken this type of steps then its not possible that understanding wil develop. 


Thank you Mr RV. I was also thinking of filing RCR, since my wife left with her father on her own after physical violence between us which was initiated by her. Also her father brought the police to threaten me. It has been six months now, she is with her father. Am I safe now? If I file the divorce case, what will happen? our marriage is one year old.



Female Activist (housewife)     25 August 2011

how many cowards want to file rcr to escape 498a and not live with wife... ek dhoondo hazaar milte hai.. court should punish u for ur this act and not encourage this false cases, u accuse girl of filing false cases, what when u urself start this


"Ek aag kaa dariya hain doob ke jaana hain",

Above words for all innocent Husbands who trapped with their Greedy money making wife or her family members.

Also, One thing remember. If your wife sister is good one and liked by your brother. Then you have to think.

Otherwise, Move further as per court directions.



Abhinatre Gupt.

Hindu (Student)     03 February 2012

Is it possible for the wife to claim property that belongs to the husband which he made with his own money - 1. prior to marraige to her 2. made after marriage but with his own money 3. money he received from his parents and property inherited from his father and mother - not ancestral wealth. 4. does wife have claim on husband's ancestral wealth.

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     03 February 2012

No.Wife cannot claim property of husband.She can claim maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads