High Level Background:
In a recent incident a senior citizen and her associated relatives realized that they have been swindled by a driver employed by the senior citizen to the tune of 30 lacs in gold and cash. The entire episode lasted for 2 and 1/2 years.
The driver used a God Man in order to coerce mainly the women folk by invoking fear. Gold and cash were handed to them during the entire span in return for various boons.
Land purchase was also done through them which turned out to be completely fake as per the government land records.
It seems that the modus operation was executed by highly professional people in the backend and the driver was a conduit between them and the victims.
1. When the senior citizen tried to apply for a FIR in the local police station the Officer in Charge refused to file it due to the reason cited that there is no first hand evidence of cash and gold given to him.
2. Services of a criminal lawyer has not been taken yet
1. In this sort of incident what is the overall success rate in terms of justice being delivered ?
2. Under what conditions shall the Police file an FIR ?
3. Is this a non-cognizable offence ?
4. A list of top criminal lawyers in Balasore, Odisha