LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (Engineer)     18 January 2010

Experiance certificate

 Hi all,

I resigned from my previous company and the notice period was 2 months i served for one and a half month due to the other companies requirement i was forced to get out from my previous company short by just 15 days. I had more than 30 days of leaves pending and I was ready to pay my remaining months salary. But they neglected and ignored as that is not in the policy.

 I also surrendered all the responsibilities and proved no business dependencies from my end.

 Now I need my Experience certificate and relieving order for the days I worked there. Hope that is my right to have a proof for what I did.

Can anyone help me whether I can get the certificates and suggestion required to what extent I can move legally in my situation.

 I have my acceptance mail and resignation and attendance proof till when I was there.


 3 Replies


If the company refuses to give you experience certificate, first send legal notice.

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     19 January 2010

It is better to negotiate with the company to get a certificate. You cannot claim it as a right. Since you had not been releived the company can proceed against you even now and take action for abandment of job. Thay can dismiss your the same or even they can issue a certificate sating that your conduct was not satisfactory.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     19 January 2010

I agree with Mr. Vijayarajan's suggestion. Meet the previous employer and seek assistance. Settle the notice period claim (request for adjustment of leave pay at least against the notice period)and i am sure they would oblige. At least you will succeed getting the certificate. It is important that you fulfil your commitment with your employer before joining new employment.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register