LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Masterrenuen18 (BPO)     03 April 2014

Exparte divorce

Married in Aug 2010. Wife came and stayed with me for 2 weeks. Then She left to her parents home saying that she got pregnant. After then they cut of all contacts with me and my family. After one year, a baby boy was born and they dint shown the baby and just informed to my parents on phone from a third party.In Dec 2011, they sent a Divorce notice and maintainance on me based on the cruelity. I did not attend the case and the case stands exparte. Now the case is in JUDGEMENT RESERVED STATE.  Now my question is , In general norms , how many days will it take to get the final divorce papers for an exparte judgement ???  Is it like if none of us attend the case, then will it remain in JUDGEMENT RESERVED state forever ? or how?? I need the final divorce papers , so that i can fight on this case if needed.

Learning

5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 April 2014

Dear Querist

if you have got the summons and avoid the case proceedings and due to this reason the matter is going on ex-party then you can not fight the case after pass the final order or decree.

contact a lawyer personally

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     03 April 2014

there is something genuinely missing in your post. Can you come out with all the details.Am i wrong is assuming that even you are vouching for divorce

Masterrenuen18 (BPO)     05 April 2014

Yes Goutham, You are correct. There is something missing in this entire story. But its just as simple as you understand to get the missing content.If I go briefing on the missing content then I ll remain real cruel husband/father in the society of what my ex-wife in the narratted in the summons. Now what I need is to just to get the divorce papers and get away.For which I need to know till how many days I need to wait to get the divorce papers for any exparte divorce in general takes ???? Thanks for your prompt resopnse in this regard Gautham and Nadeem.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     05 April 2014

not to rub you on the wrong side but  you need to present the full details to get a proper advice.Do not be ashamed to shell out your story atleast in brief terms.. many stories are more henious here.

Nevertheless, to answer your questions

a) just getting divorce will not end the story here. You need to pay maintenance to your wife and your child.

b)  JUDGEMENT RESERVED state -> Is normally for 3 months. If longer then can be appealed by the aggrieved (not necessarily you) in the higher courts.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     05 April 2014

not to rub you on the wrong side but  you need to present the full details to get a proper advice.Do not be ashamed to shell out your story atleast in brief terms.. many stories are more henious here.

Nevertheless, to answer your questions

a) just getting divorce will not end the story here. You need to pay maintenance to your wife and your child.

b)  JUDGEMENT RESERVED state -> Is normally for 3 months. If longer then can be appealed by the aggrieved (not necessarily you) in the higher courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register