Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     01 July 2010

execution petition

hai to all the members of our club,

whats my query is

i filed an twelve years E.P unfortunately the E.P. is dismissed for default on 01/02/2010

now i want to file an restoration petition for restore the E.P

i came to know that the restoration must be carried out with in 30 days from the date of default order.

for condonation of delay limitation Act is not applicable for execution petition.

now i cant file a fresh E.P. as it is an twelve years old.

can any one help me to save my client for getting the fruits of the decree.

is there any proviso for condoning the delay in execution petition

Learning

9 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     01 July 2010

There have been various orders of supreme and High Court allowing condonation of delay.

You need to act accordingly, well kindly find below links having various judgements helpful in the matter

https://delhicourts.nic.in/Jan08/Executive%20Engineer%20Vs.%20Virwati.pdf

and

supreme court orders for your reference S.No.734 & 739 (for this site you need to take reference from the party name and search the same on supreme court website)

kindly advise if you are not able to do so. 

https://lawmirror.com/search.php?passed=&searchterm=5&wordlayout=all&dd_f=01&mm_f=01&yyyy_f=1900&dd_t=09&mm_t=05&yyyy_t=2010&field[headnote]=headnote&field[article]=article&field[section]=section&field[order]=order&sort=headnote&page=74

or

1999(3) Civil Court Cases 269 (S.C.) - 1999(2) Apex Court Journal 382 (S.C.)
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

West Bengal Essential Commo.Supp. Corp.
Vs
Swadesh Agro Farming and Storage Pvt.Ltd.

Limitation Act, 1963, Section 5, Section 12 - Execution petition - Ss.5 and 12(2) are inapplicable to an execution petition.

and

2001(2) Apex Court Journal 60 (S.C.)
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

M.K.Prasad
Vs
P.Arumugam

Limitation Act, 1963, Section 5 Civil Procedure Code, 1908, Order 9, Rule 13 - Exparte decree - Setting aside - Delay of 554 days - Condonation - Plea that the person who was appearing on behalf of company left the service since 1994 because of death of his son and none informed about further proceedings in Court - Exparte decree passed on 17.9.1993 - Knowledge was in 1997 during execution proceedings - Even though the defendant appears not to be as vigilant as he ought to have been, yet his conduct does not, on the whole, warrant to castigate him as an irresponsible litigant - Failure to be extra vigilant not a ground for ousting him from the litigation with respect to the property - Delay condoned.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     01 July 2010

Wonderful Mr Gagdani few like you and Mr P Reddy and VERY VERY FEW  others are posing really reasoned and to the point replies. PLEASE CARRY ON MY GOOD WISHES WITH YOU.

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     01 July 2010

RESPECTED SIR,

MY QUERY IS REGARDING THE E.P. NOT FOR THE SUIT/DECREE.

PLZ KINDLY TELL ME A SOLUTION

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     01 July 2010

well my friend in that case you will have to find respective High Court or Supreme Court judgements and file appeal against dismissal.

I hope you are satisfied

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     02 July 2010

Sir

for filing appeal before the higher court also the prescribed limitation period exeeds even if i file the revision petition it will not be admitte by highcourt for condoning delay

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 July 2010

Condonation of delay application is applicable at all stages that is appeal or revision also.

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     02 July 2010

sir,

one thing i was unable to understand limitation act is not applicble toexecution petitions so how can court condone the delay.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     02 July 2010

my friend that was why i referered you judgements which can be used for admitting and filing an appeal by which your case will be admitted and further process will be done.

kranthi (retainer advocate)     02 July 2010

There is recent amendment to cpc O.XXI R106 that a clause is added  in that clause saying that even with dealy also u can file/represent .  and sec.5 is applicable to this rule only by HighCourt .i think  in my knowledge it is correct .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register