LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jina Mondal   01 March 2020

Eviction from Properties

My parents are neither legally nor ritually married. Both of them are Hindus. My father has another wife whom he married prior than marrying my mother. He has a son with his first and legal wife who is elder than me.

My parents got separated 11 years 6 months ago and after that my father used to provide a little money for my maintenance. And he got me married at 16. Now I am a separated woman for last 7 and half years, living with my mother and my father provides nothing as my maintenance for almost last 3 years and doesn't even keep contact from last 2 years almost.

Now he has decided to evict me from all his properties and give it all only to his son. He has both self acquired and ancestral properties.

Though my parents are not married in the eyes of the Indian law, I have my father's name in my every certificate which makes me his child.

So my question is, can he really evict me from all of his properties?

Learning

1 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 March 2020

First of all if you are married then you should seek maintenance from your husband .

Regarding the rights of illegtimate child in property under Hindu marraige Act, it has been decided by Supreme Court that """ CHILDREN BORN OF LIVE- IN RELATIONSHIP ARE LEGITIMATE ;;;;thereby you are entitled to the property of your father ,you can claim from his ansestral property.

Just file suit against him ,

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register